Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

High School Uniform

Digital cameras were not a thing during my high school. The few pictures I have of high school, unfortunately, don't include me in my uniform, save for the sole picture taken during a pictorial for the batch's yearbook. Yep, below is my only picture of my high school self in uniform. Haha, it's not even a full-body picture.
The first image above shows a painted representation of the school's uniform during my time. The picture on the left shows our uniform during our first year (SY 1992-1993). It consists of a white polo paired with a checkered white-and-maroon-printed skirt. During that time, some students wore a full skirt version while others sported an A-line cut pencil skirt as shown in the image. As for the males, they wore a blue polo and blue jeans. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that now. But I do remember thinking that our school was by far the coolest. Which other school allows their students to wear blue jeans?

On our second year, our uniform was changed. I can't recall now the reason for the change: whether it was a shortage of the ramie cloth or if it was because of the complaints that the print of the cloth was the same as the aprons worn by the staff and the tablecloth used by a very popular local bakery in the city. I actually preferred my first year uniform. The uniform we wore for second year to fourth year was rather too hot for my liking. At this time, the males also were also no longer allowed to wear blue jeans. The blue polo was also ditched to a regular white polo coupled with khaki-colored pants.

Currently, these two uniforms are now defunct. The school has changed its uniform yet again a few years after I graduated from high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment